Why Does Your Firm Need a Mobile Friendly Website?
Mobile traffic trends continue to rise each year as more and more people access the web through their smartphones. Google’s revenue from it’s mobile advertising continues to grow and just about every client we work with has a healthy amount of traffic coming to their sites through mobile devices. But what does the data say?
Demandforce put together an infographic earlier in 2013 with some stats that may surprise you:
- 48% of users feel frustrated and annoyed when they visit nonmobile-friendly sites.
- 52% of usesr who have bad mobile experiences are less likely to engage with companies.
- 50% of people admit that they will use websites less if they aren’t mobile-friendly, even if they already like the companies.
- 61% of users are likely to leave quickly if your site is not optimized well for mobile devices.
What Makes A Good Mobile Attorney Website Design?
There are some general guidelines we can follow when determining how to go about making your Firms’s mobile website:
- Big buttons that are easier to press to avoid the “fat finger” issue when tapping the screen.
- Easy navigation to most important pages within one or two clicks.
- Your Firm’s telephone number or tracking number needs to be easy to spot and easy to click since mobile phones have a “click-to-call” feature.
- Your Firm’s address needs to be easy to find and easy to click for location mapping services on smartphones, such as Google Maps.
- The layout of your a mobile site is often a simplified version of the desktop version. You take out the filler but keep the most important pieces.
- It’s best to keep content on the mobile version of your site short and sweet. Use bullet points and headlines to help make the text skimmable.
- You don’t need every page of your desktop version of your site to have a mobile counterpart to be effective. Start with your core pages and any landing pages you might use for Pay Per Click advertising in Google Adwords.